538 – When Jesus Shall Gather the Nations
1. When Jesus shall gather the nations, Before Him at last to appear, Then how shall we stand in the judgment, When summoned our sentence to hear?
He will gather the wheat in His garner, But the chaff will He scatter away; Then how shall we stand in the judgment Of the great resurrection day?
2. Shall we hear, from the lips of the Saviour, The words “Faithful servant, well done,” Or, trembling with fear and with anguish, Be banished away from His throne?
3. He will smile when He looks on His children, And sees on the ransomed His seal; He will clothe them in heavenly beauty, As low at His footstool they kneel.
4. Then let us be watching and waiting, With lamps burning steady and bright; When the Bridegroom shall call to the wedding, O may we be ready for flight!
5. Thus living with hearts fixed on heaven, In patience we wait for the time When, the days of our pilgrimage ended, We’ll bask in the presence divine.
169 – Tutashindaje Hukumuni? “When Jesus Shall Gather”
1 Hapo Yesu atakapoita mataifa mbele yake, Tutashindaje kwenye hukumu mbele ya kiti cha enzi?
2 Je, tutasikua neno tamu: “vema, wewe mtumwa mwema,” Ama wenye uchungu na hofu tutakatazwa ufalme?
3 Atakubali tu kwa furaha watoto wake wapendwa, Atawapa mavazi meupe, wakea kitini pake.
4 Hivyo tukeshe, nasi tungoje, wenye taa zinazo waka; Tutakapoitwa arusini tuwe tayari kumlaki.
5 Roho ikielekea mbingu twangoja wenye saburi, Hata safari yetu iishe, tukae kwake milele. 169